With an ever-growing population and pressure on ecosystems, Bayer Crop Science’s mission as an industry leader is to deliver world-class innovation to foster new possibilities in agriculture.
How to identify crop pests or diseases early via digital plant phenotyping?
How to use in silico toxicology to perform a reliable, relevant and accurate product safety assessment for humans without the use of animals?
While ensuring sustainability, these were the questions that Bayer Crop Science answered by teaming up with Hello Tomorrow.
Hello Tomorrow worked with the Crop Science team to organize the challenge, from the framing to the remote final at their LifeHub:
1. Framing, including specific topics and value proposition for startups
2. Sourcing relevant startups
3. Communication campaign, global and targeted, throughout the challenge
4. Application platform operation and selection process for the jury
5. Finals event organisation as an online event broadcasted from Bayer’s LifeHub in Lyon, France
Within 3 months, from the first framing meeting to the challenge final event:
- A tailor-made brochure produced by our graphic designer as well as dedicated application platform
- 300 deep tech startups identified that can meet the challenge
- 120 startup applications
- 6 Bayer experts involved in the jury, equipped with the Hello Tomorrow evaluation forms and grids
- 6 finalists selected to take part in a final pitching event, with almost 200 live viewers
- Ongoing collaborations